Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Olivia's Frame

Finally, back online.  After our power being out for eight hours, everything is up and running again.  Thank goodness the storms took the edge off the heat outside.  The woman at the power company said that a tornado had touched down in a neighboring town and approximately 1500 were without power.  I'll take a little heat and no lights over being hit by a tornado,  any day.  In other words I feel very blessed we had no damage.  I hope everyone else faired as well. 

Now that I am back up and running, I wanted to share something I did for a friend of mine.  I wanted to make her something for her soon-to-be-here daughter Olivia's room.  I wanted to do a layout and I wanted to do a picture frame.  So I found a really neat 8x10 shadow box at Michaels.   I was trying to match her bedding from Cocalo. 


The picture above is just the page for Olivia out of the frame.  I had a hard time taking pictures of  it because of the glass.  Plus, you get to see more of it than in the shadow box.  Below is the finished product minus a picture of two cute little girls.  


For papers I used Cocoa, Sweetleaf and White Daisy.  The two shades of pink are from  Bazzill.  I used the Hooray Bouquet stamp set and randomly stamped the patterned paper with Cocoa, 2nd generation Blush, Cotton Candy, and Sweetleaf inks.   All the shapes,  save the flower pot, were cut from the Cricut AP Philosophy cartridge.  I used 3d foam tape and lifted some of them off the page for dimension.  With the addition of some liquid glass, some pearl adhesives, and a few glue dots, Olivia now has a new frame to sport her pictures of her and her big sister, Maggie. 

Don't forget about the Perfect Pairs promotion this month.  You will receive the Mischief paper pack and it's coordinating black felt shapes FREE with a $75 online order.  It's while supplies last.  Next up starting July 6th is Dreamin'. 

Thanks for stopping by.   Happy 4th of July to everyone.  Stay safe and enjoy your holiday!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm a fellow CTMH Consultant. I think your blog is Great and wanted to Thank You for the inspiration. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award!

    http://love4creativity.blogspot.com/2012/07/award-blog-nomination-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the nomination and the kind comments. I'll get to work on getting it posted!

      Delete