I'm still working on some cards from the OCC - Stenciled class. Day 3 was using stencils with embossing pastes and powders. I have had some embossing paste for a while and never had a chance to try it out. Today I seized the opportunity.
This card was inspired by a card from Debby Hughs. Her card had a misted background, which I loved, but didn't have the colors I wanted in re-inkers. I used my dauber and added Cotton Candy and Honey inks to one side of my card. The colors are a little off in the picture, but close. I used my Falling Snow stencil from SSS, but instead of using it top to bottom I turned it on its side so that the largest concentration of dots was on my left instead of top. My embossing paste was Studio 490. I had never used it before. What I did learn is that even though it is white, it picks up the color from ink you put it on. Maybe not if it was misted, but applied like I have it did. I wasn't displeased with the outcome, just a little surprised. You can barely see the dots in the background in this picture, but there is much more dimension in person. The butterfly is a SSS die called Leanna and the flower is from Memory Box, called Fresh Foliage. I used Hero Arts white embossing powder to emboss my sentiment on some vellum. I also have a new found friend in Kool Tak clear foam adhesive, which I used to attach my vellum. I added a few pearls and called it done.
The card above was done just the opposite of the first one. Using my ink pad and I stamped directly on my craft sheet and then put the embossing paste into the puddle where I had stamped. After swirling it around on the sheet it picked up the ink color beautifully. I used Sorbet and Creme Brulee inks to color the paste. I used the same stencil as above in the same manner. Using both colors in the paste gave it a an ombre coloring to the dots. I really liked it and it's fun. I used Sorbet and Creme Brulee cardstock for the banners and scalloped circle. The butterfly is the Leanna die again. This time I used two layers of cardstock so the die didn't quite cut all the way through. This allowed me to have the designs without the fallout. I used my inks and daubers and colored his wings. I really wasn't sure what kind of card I wanted this to be. I ended up with a birthday sentiment embossed on vellum. I didn't have any matching pearls, so I used my Sorbet alcohol marker from CTMH and colored a plain white pearl. Works wonderfully when you need one to match.
That's it for now. I have a couple of more things I want to try out before the day is up. Thanks for stopping by !