Wednesday, January 29, 2014

OCC Stenciled Day 2

I hope everyone out there in blogland is weathering this winter storm.  We got lucky here in Florida and only got a little ice and snow in some places, nothing like our northern neighbors.  To those who did get the brunt of it, stay warm and safe.   It's a good thing scrapbooking and cardmaking are an indoor sport because that's what I plan on doing today!

First I wanted to quickly share with you another card I made for homework in the Online Card Class, Stenciled.  Kristina Werner used her stencils and pencils to make some really nice and simple cards.  I loved the technique.  That's one thing I do have plenty of is pencils. I dug out my prismacolors and made a card with the same design as hers.


I used the sentiment from the January SSS card kit and added some cardstock from my stash.   Making the background like this is fun.  I had cut several little hearts from a piece of cardstock for another project I was doing so I used the negative space left as a stencil for my hearts.  This is simple and quick.  

I had previously stamped and colored a little cat from the CTMH stamp set Cozy Cat.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with him.  I decided to try this technique and incorporate him for a Valentine's card. 


I didn't have a sentiment that just struck me as going with this card so I typed this one on the computer and printed it on my cardstock.  I then used my same heart stencil with the CTMH watercolor pencils I had painted the cat in and created the subtle background.   I found some of the little hearts I had die cut and, using the same pencils, colored them in.  I glued them together and used liquid glass to add a little shine.  In hindsight, I should have colored my hearts a little darker on the die cut pieces.  Sometimes when using liquid glass it tends to lighten or slightly change the color on the paper.  Just a little tidbit to keep in mind when making matching embellishments. I carried the same hearts over to the inside of the card as well. 


That's it for now.  I'm going to try to get some more cards done today.  I'll be sure to post as soon as they are done.   Thanks for stopping by!  



No comments:

Post a Comment