Thursday, October 15, 2015

You Make Me Smile with All Dressed Up

Hello everyone!  Today, I have a special post.  I was asked to be a Guest Designer over at the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.  I am very flattered and excited.  If you haven't stopped by over there, it's certainly worth the trip.  The images are so sweet and there are tons of inspiration.


For my card, I'm using Fly Away Butterfly, which is a new release as of last month.  This digital stamp comes with it's own sentiment, but I left it off this time so I could use a stamped sentiment that I had in mind. 



This is a 6x6 top fold card on a White Daisy card base.  I used the new CTMH paper pack Kaleidoscope.  Yes, this is the same paper from the last two cards..lol.  I'm in love with that color- fading striped patterned paper in this pack.  I really just love the colors.   After she was colored, I tossed around the idea of what to do for a background.  I ended up using these tiny little sequins I have had from SSS.  They add just a little sparkle to the card.  I stamped my tag and sentiment out and heat embossed it on vellum.  I used the coordinating die to cut it out.  I die cut the sentiment from scrap paper using the SSS Smile Circle die.  I simply cut off the "circle" so I could just use the "smile."

I'll be entering this one into a few challenges, which I will list below, along with the supplies I used.

That's it for me today.  Thank you all for stopping by.  Be sure to stop in on the All Dressed Up Challenge Blog.  Join in their challenge.  If you don't have an ADU image to play along, they have some freebies on their site.  Remember my cute little dog and his balloon, and butterfly?  That is one of the free images.  Check it out! 


Challenges:
Artbymiran - Anything goes #42
Craft Your Passion - Anything goes # 283
Julia Spiri Challenge Blog - Anything goes #4 - die cuts and punches
Inspiration Destination - Anything goes #55
Not Just Cards - Anything goes #25
Little Miss Muffet Challenges- Anything goes #122
Create and Inspire Challenges - Anything goes #31



Supplies:
Digital Image - All Dressed Up - Fly Away Butterfly
Stamps - SSS - Tag Sayings, Happy and Smile
Paper - CTMH - White Daisy, Kaleidoscope; vellum
Copics - E000, 00, 11, R20,
              E51, 53, 55, 57,
              BV0000, 000, 01, 13,
              V000, R81, 83, 85
              Y00, 18, 21
              G20, 24, YG17
Dies - SSS - Medium Tag die set, Smile Circle
Other - SSS - White Iris mini sequins; Recollections - rose; ribbon; Ranger - White embossing powder; Multi Matte Medium, various adhesives

18 comments:

  1. Stunning work. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this time around! It's a pleasure! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card Stacey.
    Love the colors you've used.
    Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and beautiful card Stacy thank you for joining us over on Inspiration Destination
    Dianne x
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Stacey. I love the soft pastel colours and the image is perfect for the sentiment! Thanks for being our guest designer! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooooo pretty! Love your colors and your layout! That tag is just fabulous on here. So glad you were our Guest Designer this time around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi this is a stunning card the image is so pretty. Thank you for joining us this month at Not Just Cards for challenge 25. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a sweet card love your colors and design. Thanks for sharing with us at Julia Spiri's challenge, hope to see you again. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely. such a beautiful piece. Thank you for sharing with us at Create and Inspire Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all so much for all the kind comments and for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love the design and shimmer! Thanks for sharing and joining us at Inspiration Destination Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again and good luck!
    Ema
    IDCB Owner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Stacy!! Thanks so much for joining us as guest designer! Hope you'll still play along in our challenges! Your cards are totally gorgeous and always a real treat to look at!! :-)
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on being our guest designer :)
    Beautiful colouring of Fly Away Butterfly and love you design
    Andrea x
    All Drssed Up DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful Stacy, love the pretty layout. Congratulations being our Guest Designer. All Dressed Up DT Anet x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a pretty card Stacy, I love the colours & how you've used the borders :o) Thank you for being guest designer at All Dressed Up.
    Hope you're having a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi,

    Great card. Beautiful colours Congratulations being our Guest Designer.

    Hugs
    Claudia
    DT All Dressed Up

    ReplyDelete
  16. Absolutely fantabulous!!! So happy to have you as a guest designer! <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Stacy and I love the layout and your colouring, but I especially love the vellum sentiment. I rarely use vellum but this looks fab! Thank you for being our guest designer this time.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    Al Dressed Up DT

    ReplyDelete