Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pattern Play Day 1

Pattern Play card class by Online Card Classes kicked off yesterday.  It had basic tips on how to combine patterned papers.   I only managed to get two of the four or five featured cards done, which is better than my usual.  I have been working on a Buzz and Bumble workshop so I still had bees on the brain.  And all over my desk.  Which made it the perfect choice for my first card.


  
I used a standard sized kraft card base and the B&T papers from Buzz and Bumble.  The sentiment is from the retired Pair a Phrase stamp set.  I simply curved it around the edge of my circle and aligned it on my block before stamping.  I stamped the bee and the flowers using the Buzz and Bumble WotG stamp set on Colonial White cardstock. The honeycomb circle was a cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  The flowers I lightly tinted with Creme Brulee ink and our blending pen.  I fussy cut the flowers and attached them.  I used  3d foam tape behind my circle to give some dimension and some of our hemp twine for a bow.  That was it.   

The second card was a little trickier.  They have a nifty  little die that will cut the three circles at once.  I do not have the pleasure of owning such a thing, so in order for me to get the three circles I did a lot of eyeballing and guesstimating (technical terms ;))  I used the Cricut and the "center point" key.  It was a little tricky, but it got the job done. When I finally got the circles cut, I cut the card to fit it.  SO this card is a 5x7.  The colors were a little different for me, but I really liked this paper. I'll go ahead and apologize for the horrible lighting on both pictures. 


The paper was some K&Company I had in my stash, along with the ribbon.  I used CTMH gold embossing powder for the sentiment, which is from the Casual Expression stamp set.  I also added a detail line on both sides of the card using our gold metallic marker.   During my attempt to cut the right size circles, in the right place,  I had some interesting fall out.  I used a smaller circle and a ring of the same paper to accent the cut outs.  I punched some tiny butterflies from Cranberry cardstock and attached them. It's a little busier than I intended, but oh well. 

That's it for today.  I hope to have more soon.  Thanks for stopping by.  

Happy scrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment