Friday, September 2, 2016

Moonlight Mermaid Silvia

Hello everyone!  I am happy to share with you today a card I  made for a guest designer spot on the ArtbyMiRan challenge blog.  I was asked to be guest designer after entering my Maria Mariposa birthday card a couple of weeks ago.   I just love Mi Ran's sweet images.  They are so fun to color.   Mermaids seem to be a common theme these days, so I didn't want to be left out!


This card is made with Moonlight Mermaid Silvia.  I did make a few changes with the image.   I flipped it to face the other direction and I took out some of the background.  I just thought she was so pretty and looked so thoughtful.    I colored the image with Copics first and then went to choose my papers.  Of course, I didn't have anything, out of the gazillion pieces of paper that I have at my disposal, that I thought worked with my colored image.  So, I made my own.  I used a piece of CTMH White Daisy and worked it over with my distress inks.  Using my mini mister, I gave it some water splatters.  I had the same problem with finding embellishments that I did finding paper.  So, again, I made my own.  I free hand cut the blades of seaweed.  The pieces of coral are really a die cut from the Spellbinders set called, Ferns.  The starfish are a small Marvy star punch.  I used my Copics to make them  look a little more like starfish.  The clam shell is from a retired CTMH stamp set from the Footloose Workshop.  I stamped it with Blush ink and then I used my Prismacolor pencils to create the shading.

The sentiment is from a Stampendous stamp set called, Love Always.  I thought this sentiment was quite fitting.  The first half of it is on the outside, and the other half is on the inside.  Which meant  I really needed to jazz up the inside a bit, too.


In my efforts to do just that, I used the same distress inks as I did on the outside of the card.   I created the sand using my Copics and then masked it off to blend in my distress inks.  I had some leftovers that I didn't use on the front of the card, so I incorporated them into this underwater scene on the inside.   Or, at least, that's what I was going for. I hope it doesn't look like I have flying fish :) I guess worse things have happened.

Another big thanks to the ArtbyMiRan design team for choosing me as a guest designer.  If you haven't stopped by the challenge site, please, do.  There is always tons of fabulous art and inspiration there.  I will be entering this card into a few challenges which I will list below along with the supplies I used to make this card.

That's it for me today.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes 
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes #101 
Not Just Cards - Anything goes #35

Supplies:
Digital Image:  ArtbyMiRan - Moonlight Mermaid Silvia
Stamps:  Stampendous - Love Always; CTMH - Footloose Workshop (retired)
Paper:  CTMH- White Daisy; Colorbok - blue glitter paper; Copic Xpressit
Inks:   Distress Inks-  Mermaid Lagoon, Fossilized Amber, Abandoned Coral; CTMH - Sky, Blush;     Versamark- Onyx Black
Copics:  B000, 01, 02, 04; E000, 00 04, 11, 30, 31, 33, 42, 43; R20; RV02, 13, 14, 29; W0, 3, 6; Y21;  YG00, 13
Dies:  Spellbinders - Ferns; WRMK - Nesting Circles
Other:  CTMH - baker's twine; glue dots, various adhesives, 3d foam tape, SSS- sequins; Wink of Stella - clear; Ranger - round blender

3 comments:

  1. The inking is incredible! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday” Anything Goes” Challenge! Awesome details and design! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic. I love how you made the inside too.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete