Saturday, April 11, 2020

Thanks - Spring Card Camp Day 1

Hello everyone!  I hope all of you are safe and healthy.  It's been a while since I have posted anything.  With the shelter in place order, I have a little extra time.  I hope to be able to share with you some of the things I have been creating.  Online Card Classes started a new class today, Spring Card Camp.  I haven't had an opportunity to take a class from them in a long time.  Their classes are always fun and inspiring.  Today's lesson was from Jennifer McGuire on how to turn your large stamps into an embossing folder.  I can honestly say, I would never have thought about it.

I gave today's lesson a try, but I was not successful.  I don't think I have the sandwich makeup for my die cutting machine to make it work, or maybe I just lack the patience..lol  What I did end up with was a nice background for a card and probably something that I wouldn't have done on my own.



The stamp set is an old CTMH set called I Adore You.   I used it to stamp the flowers in the corners.  I heat embossed them and then blended some Creme Brulee ink over them to created a vignette effect.  The sentiment was made with a die from a Little Yellow Bicycle die set.  The leaves were some that I had laying on my desk from a previous project.

I have challenged myself to use only what I have on hand and readily available.  My pile of leftovers and scraps on my desk is all I have used to make all my creations this year.  It's quite satisfying to actually use up some of this stuff.

That's it for me for now.  I can't wait to see what tomorrow's class will be.

Until then....stay home, stay safe, and stay creative!

2 comments:

  1. I also had trouble with this technique. I love your result! It's soft and stamping the flowers in the corners is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way your card turned out! It is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete