Saturday, August 31, 2019

Just Because and Butterflies

Hello Friends!  It's a been a while.  I didn't realize just how long it's been.   A lot has happened since I last posted a year and a half ago.   My daughter graduated from high school, we had a catastrophic hurricane, and  I had some technical difficulties to boot.   I have been making a conscious effort to get back in the habit of creating on a regular basis.  It helps keep the sanity.  I need all the help I can get...lol. 

As hard as I try to not buy any more crafting supplies, I just can't help myself.  I, like most of you I'm sure, have more paper, stamps, and embellishments than you could ever use in a lifetime.  Yet, I still feel the need to buy more!  I stumbled across this little stamp set on Amazon.   I thought for the price, I'd give it a shot.   I loved the butterflies.  They were a perfect size.  



This is a standard A2 size, top-fold card made from Neenah Solar White 85lb cardstock.  The patterned papers were scraps I had laying on my desk.  I have no idea where they came from.  Surely, I'm not the only one who has piles of scraps they don't dare get rid of because they might need them?  I did find a need for these at least.  I stamped  the butterflies from the stamp set and colored them with my Copics.  The sentiment is from the stamp set as well.  I got a little carried away with the enamel accents for the dots, but it all worked out. 

I'll be entering this card in a few challenges which I will list below.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

Happy Scrapping!

Challenges:

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog - #445
Addicted to Stamps and More - #356
Star Stampz Challenge Blog - Summer
Polka Doodles Craft Challenge - Wk35 
Digi Choosday Craft Challenge - Wk35

7 comments:

  1. Such an elegant card ! Lovely CAS style too...thanks for sharing with Polkadoodle this week , Nelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and design. Thanks for playing along with us at StarStampz Challenge. Lisa DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to read about all your difficulties, but I'm so glad you're getting back into crafting!
    This card is truly gorgeous, and you can never have too many enamel dots!! Your colouring is amazing, and I'm so glad you used those scraps because they're perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck with your entry! :)

    Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card, thanks for joining digichoosday challenge., greetings Petra

    ReplyDelete
  5. So beautiful and elegant! Love the gorgeous butterflies. Great to see you in the ATSM gallery. Hope you will join us again soon!

    Nandini,
    Paint Paper Scissors

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute card and I love the colours - black always makes a card elegant imho!
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete