Thursday, August 23, 2012

Flirty, Krafty, and Quick

Sounds kind of exciting!  Well, if you like stamping and cardmaking, it is.  I'm still playing around with new papers, mainly Flirty, at the moment.  So, with some leftover Flirty and the Bountiful Season Quickcard stamp, I ended up with two nice fall cards.  One very plain and the other just a little less plain, but both very quick.


I had been wanting to play with the Bountiful Season stamp since I got it.  I finally pulled it out and decided to give it a whirl.  I used Goldrush, Autumn Terracotta and Barn Red inks and daubed it directly on my stamp, then stamped the cardstock.  Here I used Colonial White.  I stamped it on a 3x3 square then mounted that on Saddle cardstock.  The leafy print paper is a B&T from the Flirty paper pack.  I inked all my edges with Saddle.  On the card on the left I used some of our new Burlap Ribbon.  I cut the edges off each side and then pulled some of the fibers off to make it less wide and not so bulky.  By pulling some of the fibers off the edges it gives a nice, almost frayed look.  The ribbon on top of that is our color ready seam binding inked with Saddle ink.  I added a bow and a button from the Mini Medley Accents in Antique Gold.  I used one of the fibers I pulled from the burlap as thread through my button.  I added it all to a standard 5x7 kraft card base.  Very simple.

Thanks for stopping by.  I am off to see what else I can come up with,  so check back soon.

Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment