Saturday, August 18, 2012

An Old Tree on New Paper, Thanks, and Boxes

A Tree is one of CTMH's "A" size stamp sets.  It's not shown in the new book, I don't believe, but it's still available.  I have seen so many beautiful cards made with this set, but I had never made one.  I thought I might try it with our new Avonlea paper.   So, here is my rendition of A Tree on Avonlea (kind of catchy I think :) )


I had some of the organdy ribbon left from the Avonlea Card WOTG so I added that with the pin clip for my sentiment.  I love the look of this ribbon, but working with can be challenging.  It may just be me, but I have a hard time getting this ribbon to hold.  I used glue dots on the paper and then laid my ribbon over it.  That seemed to work.  For the bow, I tied it, actually put my pin through it, and then used liquid glass to hold it in place.  The glue dot just didn't want to hold ribbon to ribbon.

My little butterfly I first stamped in Smokey Plum, but he really got lost in the tree.  This one was stamped in Gypsy.  He was still a little hard to see, so I coated him in liquid glass (if it sits still at my house it's liable to be coated with liquid glass..lol)  and added a couple of bitty sparkles.   He shows up better in real life.  I just couldn't seem to find a color I liked better with this green.   So what I used was:

Cardstock:  Colonial White, Chocolate
Ink:  Gypsy, Chocolate; New England Ivy
Embellishment:  organdy ribbon from WOTG kit; Foundry Pin Clip; Bitty Sparkles
Liquid Glass, 3d Foam Tape, and Colonial White card base

I also had made a card straight from our new book Make It from Your Heart.  For those of you who haven't seen this new book, you need to!  It's a great book.  It has 16 2-page layouts, two 1-page layouts, and 12 card patterns.  And it's only $7.95.   This is the pattern from page 43.  They used the Family stamp, I chose the Thanks stamp.  It's another lovely "A" size stamp set.


Instead of using the 3d flower shape I used the Love Blooms stamp set for the flower and leaves.  It's easier to mail when it's flat.  The background was random stamping with the You've Got Flair stamp set, which is retired.  I used Whisper ink on Colonial White cardstock.  The sentiment was stamped in black ink.  Ruby is the other color cardstock.  I truly love this color.    That tiny strip of stripes was a scrap of Black Currant from DCWV.   I used some pop up glue dots for dimension and voila!

Lastly,  I  made some boxes from the new Cricut Artiste cartridge.  These are all very simple boxes, but cute. Even the bow on the box in the middle was cut from the cartridge.   I was in search of a box that would hold an ink pad and a little stamp set.  Only one of these fit the bill.


The one on the left was the winner.  The one on the right would hold the ink pad, but it was just a little awkward.  I'm sure there are others on the cartridge (there are so many more things on that cartridge!), but these are just the ones I have tried so far.  I just had to cut the little butterfly box, because it was so stinking cute.  It would be perfect for party favors.

Thanks for stopping by.  I finished a little accordion tag album I'll be posting soon, so stop back by.

Happy Scrapping!




No comments:

Post a Comment