Sunday, October 7, 2012

Happy World Card Making Day!

So, I'm a day late (and usually a dollar short), but wanted to wish everyone a happy World Card Making day!


Even though I didn't get this posted yestereday, on card making day, I did celebrate the day.  I made cards all day yesterday.    I didn't get as many done as I wanted.  Mainly because there are other people in this house that think they need things, like food and clean clothes and the like.   Some people just don't understand the importance of making cards!  But in any case, I will be posting more cards this week as I get them uploaded.

It was a day where I just wanted to stamp and color.  So, that's what I did.  I drug out a previous stamp of the month stamp set, Friendship Bouquet, and went to town with our new markers.  Here are the first three I did. 


The card above is a square card base  4 1/2"  square  and adhered to a scalloped square cut at 5 1/4"  from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.   The cards below are standard 5 1/2" x 4" card bases from CTMH.   The one on the right is stamped on White Daisy with Memento Black ink.  The one on the left is stamped on Colonial White with Memento Rich Cocoa ink.



 The only yellow marker set I have right now is Honey. I used the two Honey markers on the flower petals.  I used an eyeshadow applicator and our Chocolate ink and applied the ink to the center of the flowers.  I tried using the wet brush and applying it that way, but I ended up liking the daubed on look better.  The stems and leaves are colored in our new markers in the two shades of Olive and the darker Topiary.  The green cardstock is New England Ivy and the brown is Chocolate, but the yellow cardstock is some I had from my stash and there is no telling where it came from.    I also wanted to see what our prisma glitter looked like on the flowers, so the one on the White got some in the center.   It really picked up a green hue on top of the chocolate ink.    

I'll be posting more cards through the week, so stop back and see what's new.   Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Scrapping!



No comments:

Post a Comment