Monday, October 15, 2012

Oval Frames

Amongst my cardmaking efforts, I managed to get a few frames done.  ( I tend to get distracted by shiny things..or zebra things..or brightly colored things...or..you get my point).  I found these great oval frames at Tuesday Mornings.  I thought they might be worth working with.  They are chipboard and open backed.  It just so happens that our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge had just the right oval to cut the opening for the middle.  So, basically, I lucked out :)

 

This is the first one I did.  I'm not sure where I got the cream and black paisley paper from, but I have been wanting to do something with it for a while.  I cut some roses from the Artiste Cricut cartridge in Ruby and Colonial White.  I inked the edges of the Colonial white roses with Ruby ink.  The leaves are cut from Olive and Colonial White.  I used the Olive marker to add color to the Colonial White leaves.  Here's a better look.  


To me the leaves seemed too flat.  So I used the marker to give them some life.  I gently curved them around a paint brush to give them some shape as well.  

The frame around the opening was cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge.  It took several attempts to get the size right, but I finally found one that worked.  

These frames can be hung either horizontal or vertical.   The ones below were at my daughter's request.   She does love some zebra stripes. 


The flowers on the following frames were cut from the Artiste Cricut cartridge.  They were cut from White Daisy cardstock and I used Tulip (retired) ink to ink the edges. The flowers are cut in three different sizes.  Mine are 1/2" difference in size.  You ink the edges, spritz them with water, crumple them up, flatten them back out and then assemble while still damp.  I layered them with our black tulle ribbon, roughly cut into ovals.  I found some pink gemstone brads from my stash and just poked them in there.  While the flower is still damp, you can shape it as you please.  


I cut the coordinating leaves from the same key as the flower, but in black cardstock.  I used our Sparkles Black Flourish to add a little bling around the frame.   Here's the one done in Gypsy.


The flowers were done in the same manner.  I used the clear Sparkles Flourish for this frame. 


Also, I used my embossing stylus and simply drew a line down the middle with the curve of the leaf to give it a little more dimension as well. 

These little jewels will be going with me to the Fall Festival at Sunland this year at the end of this month.  If you are in the area, please stop by.   I'll have some more crafted items, cards, layout kits, and papers for purchase.   

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to have more soon. 

Happy Scrapping!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment