Thursday, March 26, 2015

SSS March Card Kit - Vintage Card

Hello everyone!  Here's another card from the March SSS card kit.  Included in the kit are these great journaling cards from Authentique that coordinate beautifully with the papers, also from Authentique.  One of these cards was a gorgeous  portrait of a lady.  When I saw it I knew I wanted to use it.  I love the vintage style, but it is definitely not my forte.  This is the card I came up with.


Isn't she just lovely? I cut the card base from some of the ivory cardstock included in the kit.  It's a standard top fold base.  The patterned papers are from the kit.  I used Spellbinders Labels 8 set to die cut the journaling card and the paper behind it.  I distressed the corners slightly with Vintage Photo distress ink.  It just so happened I had some little yellow roses, and a butterfly I had previously punched, in my stash.   The pins and the pearl swirls are retired embellishments from CTMH. I used some of my leftover ribbon from my first card to make a little bow to finish her off. 

I left off the sentiment on this card because I wasn't sure exactly what occasion I wanted to use it for.  I may go back later and add one if I decide.   A "thinking of you" or even a Mother's Day sentiment had crossed my mind.  

That's the last card so far from this kit.  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment