Tuesday, September 29, 2015

No Line Bovine

Hello everyone!  I told you I would be back to share with you my attempt at no line water color painting.  On Day 2 of the OCC Watercolor for Card Maker's class, Kristina Werner did the cutest little card in several mediums using the no-line technique.  She made it look so easy.  Well, it's not..lol. I decided to try it with pan watercolors. I think that was my first mistake.  But that's what a class is all about, learning.
 

I found this cute little stamp from Stampendous, called Cowlik Butterfly, on the sale rack at Michael's.  He looked lonely, so I had to bring him home with me :) I stamped him on Distress Watercolor Cardstock with Antique Linen distress ink.   I think what tripped me up the most is I really couldn't see the lines.  I used my new watercolors from CTMH to color him (or maybe her).  The clouds in the background were just drawn in as I went.  The sentiment is from the A Thousand Thanks set from CTMH.  It's the same set I used on my watercolor block card from a few posts back.  It's a great set.   I just free-handed the little heart in there.  

I almost gave up on him, but decided to see it through.  This technique is definitely one I need to practice on.  Maybe next time I'll use a less detailed stamp.  I did like the scene and the card design, so I stamped him again.  This time I left the lines and used my Prima watercolor pencils. 

 I tried to do it exactly the same way.  There are some things I like about the first one better, but the coloring is certainly better in the second one.  Next time, and I'm sure I'll try this at least one more time, I think I will color him with my Copics :)

That's it for me.  I'll be posting one of these in a couple of challenges, which I will list below, along with the supplies I used.    Thanks for stopping by!

P.S.  I apologize for my photos here of late.  Something is off with the settings in my camera and I'm not sure what it is.  Certainly, it's not the user, so it must be the camera :)  Bear with me!  Thanks!

Challenges:  

Simon Wednesday Challenge - No designer paper
Cute Card Thursday - #392 Things with wings 
Crafty Friends - #15 Pick a tune - Old McDonald Had a Farm

Supplies: 

Stamps - Stampendous - Cowlik Butterfly; CTMH - A Thousand Thanks
Inks - Versafine Black Onyx
Paint - CTMH - watercolor paints; Prima - watercolor pencils
Cardstock - CTMH - White Daisy, watercolor paper; Distress Watercolor Cardstock; black 
Other - Pretty Pink Posh - Stitched Borders die set; adhesives


 

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so cute, thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends this time, xxx

    ReplyDelete