Monday, September 28, 2015

TuTu Cuties

Hello everyone!  Happy Monday!  I'm back today to share with you a couple of cards I made while trying out some techniques from the OCC Watercolor for Cardmakers class.  These two cards were colored with two different mediums.  I also incorporated the make your own background with shapes from Day 1 on one of the cards, with the help of a stencil this time.

Isn't this just the cutest little stamp set?  It's in the new CTMH Annual Inspirations book.  It was love at first sight!   I'll start with the one on the right because we used markers on Day 1. 

    

The stamp set is Safari Ballet.  I stamped them both on CTMH watercolor cardstock (which is also new this year) with Versfine Black Onyx ink.  This paper is not like the typical watercolor papers.  It's a little lighter than what I normally use and much smoother.  It feels more like Bristol.  It does make stamping very easy.  The card above is colored with my Zig Clean Color Brush Markers.  These colors are so vibrant.  I'm still learning with these for sure. 

The card below is colored with my CTMH watercolor pencils.  I have several sets of watercolor pencils.  When I am using CTMH papers, I definitely grab these because they have coordinating colors in the set.  My little hippo is stamped the same way on the same paper.  The background on this one was created using the SSS Harlequin stencil.  I simply traced the outline of the stencil opening and colored them slightly with Hydrangea and Bubblegum.  I used the water to move the color around to try to fade them into one another.  I thought it turned out quite cute.  You will probably see that background technique again in the future.  It was simple, quick, and fun.
  

I'll try to post all the goodies I used to make these below, along with a couple of challenges I'll be posting these cuties to.  I'll be posting my attempt, and I do mean attempt, at no line watercoloring soon, so be sure to stop back by.  Thanks for stopping by!

Challenges:

Simon Wednesday Challenge - No designer paper
Not Just Cards - #24 Anything goes
Craft Your Passion Challenges - #281 Anything goes
Julia Spiri Challenge Blog - #2 Anything goes - girlie

Supplies:

Stamps - CTMH- Safari Ballet; Hero Arts - dotted background
Inks - Versafine Black Onyx; Zig Real Color Brush Markers; CTMH- watercolor pencils
Cardstock - CTMH - watercolor paper, White Daisy, Pixie, Gypsy; black and pink from stash
Other - SSS - Harlequin Stencil; Kuretake - water brush; baker's twine, fun foam, adhesives, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen
 

1 comment: