Saturday, June 2, 2012

H2H Weekly Challenge - Add a Photo

This week the challenge over at Heart 2 Heart was to add a photo to your layout.  This layout is the last of my daughter's dance pictures I had for this year.  The other two were her single pictures of tap and clogging and this was of their jazz group.  Although it wasn't our favorite costume, it did make a striking picture against the white backdrop.  Burnin Love was the song they danced to, hence the title.



I wanted to keep it fairly simple by just using the colors in the photo. I definitely didn't want anything to upstage my dancers.  The patterned paper was actually made from a stamp in the Love Life set.   I used black ink on white daisy cardstock and repeated the stamp to make it a background.  The stars are from that set, also.  This set has been around a while, but I love it.  You can't really tell from the picture, but the little stars were embossed with our clear detail embossing powder for a little extra shine on the pattern and the larger stars have sparkles on them.  Love was cut from the red cardstock and then coated with liquid glass (have I mentioned I love that stuff?).  The ribbon on the tag is our color ready seam binding ribbon daubed with ink. 
When I saw this picture, I immediately thought stars.  Just a few stars on the page to compliment the stars in the picture.  Keep shining girls! 

If you haven't checked out all the wonderful layouts and cards over at Heart 2 Heart, you shoud head that way.  They have some crazy talented folks over there. 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend.  Happy Scrapping! 




4 comments:

  1. Great layout, I love the addition of the stars!!! TFS at Heart 2 Heart!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you chose your color combination, it really draws the eye into your photo. Great details too! Thanks for sharing with us on Heart 2 Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome layout! Love the red/white/black and the journaling on the big tag! I love Liquid Glass too. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun activity for your daughter to be in - the group looks so professional in their awesome costumes! Your picture really pops and I love the stamped paper. Thanks for sharing at Heart2Heart Challenges!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete