Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Birthday Wishes

Here's another card I finished this past weekend.   I did manage four cards I think before the weekend was up.  I am finally getting them photographed and uploaded. I know, I'm slow!  I've also been trying to get my homework done for this Clean & Simple Card Making 2 class I signed up for.  I can't keep up!  This 40-hour a week job thing keeps getting in the way of my crafting time, geesh.  But I did manage to get a few done from the first day and I'll be posting those later. 

This one is, like the previous "Thanks" card has the same bold colors.  I used Cranberry, Lagoon, White Daisy, and Black on this one.


I used the In the Background  stamp set again to make the striped Lagoon paper.   I can tell this set will get a lot of usage from me.  After I attached all of my strips to my card front, I used a circle punch and punched out the corner.  I then took the sentiment from the Just a Number stamp set and curved it on my block to fit around the punched opening. That is part of the beauty of our clear acrylic stamps, being able to bend and mold them to your needs.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink.  I tied some of our black and white baker's twine around the front and then adhered it to the card base with 3d foam tape.  The little flower in the corner is a cut from the Artiste Cricut cartridge in various sizes from White Daisy and Cranberry cardstock, then layered together.  The center of the flower is a teeny tiny punched sunburst looking thing.  I topped it off with some liquid glass to make it look like a little bauble.  I just attached it all with a glue dot to the card base and there you have it. 

I'm off to do some more homework. I hope to have more cards posted tomorrow.  Thanks for stopping by. 

Happy Scrapping!  



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the color combo! Thanks for the reminder about bending those acrylic stamps ... I forgot that little trick!

    ReplyDelete