Friday, July 5, 2013

Have You Visited Dailycrafttv.com ?

Good morning everyone!  I hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th of July.  It was a very rainy day here in Florida, but enjoyable nonetheless.  We spent the day with family and friends.  Today I am hoping to get a little done in the craft room.  I haven't had a chance to get photos of all the projects from convention or my album up yet, but I'm working on it!

It's raining again today, so if you have to be inside, might as well be in the craft room! I was wondering, have you ever visited Dailycrafttv.com? Daily Craft Tv is an online community showing new craft ideas and projects, as well as tons of instructional videos.  They have instruction in several categories like quilting, sewing, knitting, papercrafting, and of course, scrapbooking.  I'm not too crafty in any other realm but scrapbooking, so that is where my exploration lies within the site.  Most of the videos are hosted/instructed by the staff at either Creating Keepsakes Magazine or Paper Crafts Magazine.   You may recognize some of the names like Lisa Bearnson, Ali Edwards,  Becky Higgins, Annette Hardy, Cathy Zielske, and the list goes on.  And I do mean on and on.   These classes touch on everything from coloring techniques to photo editing to scrapbook design. They are anywhere from almost an hour to two hours long and start at only $4.99.   Each of the classes have a video preview, so you can sample the ones you may be interested in.  

I have always been a huge Creating Keepsakes fan.  I give them credit for introducing me to Close to My Heart, but that is a whole other story.  Creating Keepsakes had a collection of videos called the Essential Scrapbook Video Collection.  Some episodes from those videos are available on Daily Craft TV.   So if you missed buying the DVD for your home collection, you can view some of your favorite instructors on this site. 

I had the opportunity to take one of these online classes.  I chose the Scrapbooking with Surprise Supplies Class.  The instructor is Annette Hardy, who I had recognized from my Creating Keepsakes videos.  The class was almost two hours long and only $9.99.  The great thing about these classes is once you purchase them you can continue to access them.  I very rarely have two consecutive hours to devote to crafting, so I was able to watch what I could, when I could, and come back to it later. 

This particular class was designed around two scrapbook layouts which were available in a kit that can be purchased through the Scrap and Paper Shop.  I didn't have the kit, but I do have a room full of Close to My Heart supplies, so I figured I could make this work.  The video is easy to follow and she pretty much scraps in real time, so you can scrap along with her.  Annette is laid back and lighthearted with her instruction so you don't feel so stressed to keep up.  And of course, you can pause it if you need to.   I did finish watching the video and was inspired to make one of the layouts from the class, in true CTMH form of course.  I liked it so much when I was through, it was actually one of the layouts in the album I entered at convention.  


I used the sketch from the class as inspiration for a starting point.  Everything in this layout is Close to My Heart with one exception.  I took a tip for a surprise supply from the video and incorporated cupcake holders into my larger flowers.  



I also added a few extras,  like making my photos 3 dimensional.  It's kind of hard to tell from the photos, but I printed three of the same photos and fussy cut them.  I then layered them on top of each other to make my subjects stand out. I haven't done that in years, but it was so much fun and added a lot of interest to the page.   I used our alcohol markers to tint the little clear buttons.  The title is from our Eclectic Alpha dimensionals rubbed in Twilight ink.  I also incorporated some hidden journaling on the right page. 

This was a really fun layout to make. I used a lot of different techniques.  The layout and flowers were inspired by Scrapbooking with Surprise Supplies class.  

I didn't mean for this to be such a lengthy post, but I wanted to share with you both information on Daily Craft Tv and my layout that was inspired by that class.  If you haven't visited dailycrafttv.com, do stop by and check them out.  They have previews for all the classes, so peruse through what they have to offer.  You never know what you might find.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great weekend!  I hope to have more pages posted soon.  

Happy Scrapping!








No comments:

Post a Comment