Thursday, July 17, 2014

House Mouse Birthday

Hello everyone!  I have another card to share with you tonight.  This one features a House Mouse image by Ellen Jareckie (hope that's spelled right).  Joann's had some of these little cuties on sale not too long ago, so I got a few cling stamp sets that I thought would be fun to color and pretty on cards.  Here's the first one I have done from my new bunch.


This paper came from a previous SSS card kit.  I loved the soft muted colors, so I played off those when I colored my mice.  I used distress markers on Tim Holtz distress watercolor cardstock.  When I got through with my image I used SSS postage stamp die set to cut it out and the papers on the page.  I couldn't decide how, if at all, I wanted to put a sentiment on the card front.  I thought it needed something, but it was going to cover my image.  Heavyweight vellum to the rescue!  I embossed my birthday sentiment in CTMH gold embossing powder.  I used my wink of stella glitter brush and hit the high spots for a little added sparkle. All in all I think my little mice turned out kind of cute.

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment