Monday, July 7, 2014

Inkspirational Mermaid

Hello everyone!  I stumbled upon another blog challenge site called Inkspirational Challenges.  I must say that's exactly what it did, it inspired me to get inky.  The challenge was based on a very interesting sea themed picture that had mermaids and hot air balloons.   The mermaid is what caught my eye.  I had purchased a bunch of stamps from Sweetpeastamps.com a while back.  I hadn't had a chance to really play in them. But I remembered I had a mermaid.  She is quite interesting, so I thought it only fitting I used her.


This image is by Elaine Cox, called Dreamy Sandcastle.  I colored her with Copics and then added some Wink of Stella to her tail, the shells, and the sand.   She just looked like the subject for a "thinking of you" kind of card.  I found a little sentiment from SSS stamp set called Best Mom Ever.  I stamped it in Moonstruck (retired) and inked the edges of my little label with Lagoon.  That's also the CTMH cardstock colors I used along with White Daisy for the card base.  This card is a little bigger than the standard size. I had found some envelopes that were odd sized and larger than usual so, I cut my card to fit.  This card is roughly 4 1/2 x 6 inches.  

I'll be posting my little mermaid in the Inkspirational Challenge since she fits the theme.

That's it for me tonight.  Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Well, this is just lovely! Your colouring is fantastic! Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Inkspirational! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How precious! Beautifully done. So glad you found us. I hope you join in again at Inkspirational! Best, Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Your coloring looks great and I love the simple design of this card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - your coloring just brought this cute, adorable mermaid right to life!! Her hair, looks so awesome, and made me wish I had gorgeous locks like her!! Just so incredibly well done!!

    ReplyDelete