Saturday, July 5, 2014

Retrosketches Magnolia Birthday

Good Morning everyone!  I hope everyone had a safe and happy July 4th holiday.   July is filled with birthdays for me.  I have been back in the card making mood so now was the time to get some birthday cards made.

I stumbled upon this Retrosketches sketch #121.  It just happens be the challenge this week on their blog.  Here's the sketch:



Here's my card:


I turned the sketch around a little bit to suit my purposes, but it's still there.  I used the papers from CTMH's Lollydoodle paper pack.  The sentiment is from the Birthday Card Chatter stamp set stamped in Whisper ink. The image is from Magnolia Stamps and it's Sitting Tilda with Butterfly.  I stamped her on watercolor paper and used my distress markers to color her in.  

This stamp is a "mini" Magnolia.  I thought I would give one a try when I saw them on sale at Joann's a few days back.  I must say, the image is adorable, but it is tiny.  You have to really like someone to color one of these up for them..lol.   They are a perfect size for a smaller card and for those people with really steady hands and great vision :)  They had some really detailed images, but thankfully I chose this one.  She is very sweet, though, and I have a friend who loves Magnolias, so this is her card.  Her birthday is over a week away, but this challenge ends today, so don't tell her ;) I will be entering my little Tilda in the Retrosketches challenge.  

Also, if you like the Lollydoodle paper pack, just a reminder, our new book goes live on August 1st.  Although we will be getting tons of new stuff, all of the old paper packs will be retired.  Lollydoodle being one of them.  It and all the current paper packs will be available while supplies last until July 31st.  You can click here to see all the other retiring items.

That's it for me today.  I do have a couple of more cards to share with you.  I'll get them posted soon.  I also found a few layouts that I thought I had posted, but did not.  They, too, will be coming soon.  

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment