Thursday, April 16, 2020

Watercolor Masking - Day 5 at Spring Card Camp

Hello everyone!  Yesterday was day 5 at Spring Card Camp over at Onlinecardclasses.com.  The extremely talented Debby Hughes showed a technique using a die cut as a mask.  Her cards are always amazing. She made it look so easy.  But.....mine didn't work out the same..lol.  Such is life.  I did use watercolors I have never used and I was able to make three cards from the mess I made.  So, it's a win in my book.

Here are two cards I made from my attempting to use the die cut from Darice as a mask.  My water seeped all up under it so it didn't leave the outline I was looking for.  I ended up die cutting another flower from a blank piece of watercolor paper and placing it where the image should have been.  The die cut I was using to mask turned out ok, so it got a place on the second card.



I am going to keep trying with watercolors.  I love painting, but something about the lack of control with watercolors makes me struggle.  While attempting to do another background to try the masking technique again, I had a little Bob Ross moment.   In the spirit of Bob, I went with it.  My happy little accident turned out to be a tree.  I put it on a hillside and attempted to add some clover.   Even though it was a mistake, I really kind of like it. 




I'm officially a day behind in class.  Today's class looked super fun and I can't wait to get to it, but that will have to wait for tomorrow. Maybe this weekend I can catch up.  Until then....

Thanks for stopping by!   Stay home, stay safe, and stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment