Monday, April 13, 2020

Coloring with Paper - Spring Card Camp Day 3

Hello everyone!  Today in class we explored coloring with paper with Yana Smakula.  She made some lovely cards by paper piecing a stamped geometric background.  I have to say, I struggled a little bit with this one, too.   This class is pushing me to try all kinds of new things, which I enjoy.   Here is my take on today's class.





I only have one geometric background.  This was one of the first background stamps I bought.  It's from Hero Arts called Hexagon Background.  I used Versafine ink to get a good dark stamp on this colored cardstock.  Word of caution, that's a lot of ink in these backgrounds, let it dry really well or heat set it before you start cutting.  I had ink everywhere before I was done...lol.  I didn't have a house stamp or die, so I just cut two squares and made my own.  I tried to create my own landscape with the colors.  I'm not sure I was totally successful, but it was fun trying!

I can't wait to see what the class holds for tomorrow.  Until then...stay home, stay safe, and stay creative!

3 comments: