Tuesday, April 14, 2020

Die Cut 2 for 1 - Spring Card Camp Day 4

Hello everyone!  Today's lesson was from Julie Ebersole, a master at CAS.  I really love her style.  She showed some examples of using coordinating die cuts with images to get two cards from one stamping session, which is the theme for this class. 

I used a stamp set I have never used (another challenge for myself - to use things I haven't used) from CTMH called Chelsea Gardens - Cardmaking stamp set. One of the few sets I have with coordinating dies.   Here was my take on today's homework.


I stamped the butterfly on the outside and the inside of the card on the left.  I die cut the one on the front to reveal the one on the inside. I stamped more butterflies from the set on the inside and I colored everything with Prismacolor pencils.  It has been a long time since I used colored pencils.  They were my first artistic love.


The card on the right had the butterfly from the card front, which I colored with Copics.   The "hello" sentiment was from an old Hampton Arts stamp set, again, that I had never used. 

I had a lot of fun with the lesson from class today.  I find coloring relaxing and I tried something I wouldn't normally do.   Thanks to OCC for getting my creative juices going again!  

That's all for me.  Until next time...stay home, stay safe, and stay creative! 

4 comments: