Wednesday, April 3, 2013

More Scrap Paper Cards

I still had paper left, so I had to make more cards :)  I'm still working with the scrappy paper I used to make the previous two cards.  The neat thing about this paper is it looks different all depending on how you use it.

This card was also from the last day of class.  It was based on a design by Kristina Werner.  It's a strip of the same scrappy paper and then bits and pieces of the individual papers.  I cut the bigger heart with a die on my Big Kick, but I punched the smaller two hearts from the paper.  I coated the smaller two with Liquid Glass.  The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and stamped in Desert Sand ink.  I used my glitter pen again and traced over it to get that golden effect.


Here's a closer look at the stamped sentiment.  The photo doesn't do it any justice.  It really sparkles. 


While I still had paper I decided to die cut some flowers from it.  The die is from Simon Says Stamp.  I simply cut a circle window from my card face and used my scallop die to make the little border.  I stamped my sentiment in Desert Sand ink and adhered it with 3d foam tape.  I made it glitter, too. I glued the flowers directly to the card. I punched a little butterfly from a scrap piece and that was it. 



Here are the flowers in full length.  All from the same paper.  I stamped the sentiment from the Words of Comfort stamp set in versamark ink and heat embossed it with white powder.   I added a small tied piece of Color Ready Seam Binding Ribbon. 



The scrappy paper that I made is dwindling in size, but there is still some left.  I may see what else I can squeeze out of it.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment