Saturday, May 23, 2020

Day 13 - Spotlighting Die Cut Backgrounds

Hello everyone!  I'm playing catch up on my Online Card Class:  Spring Card Camp 2.  Day 13 was all about spotlighting your die cut background.  I have to say, I don't think I have ever done this.  Jennifer McGuire showed several tips and techniques for doing this.  For my first attempt, I thought I would keep it simple.


I die cut my flowers and leaves and stacked them three high.  Then I blended over them with my CTMH inks in Cotton Candy, Sorbet, and Buttercup.  Then I added a fourth uncolored layer to the larger flower and leaves.  I thought this was a really neat affect.  The sentiment is from an old Simon Says Stamp set called, Happy Everyday.  

I'll be back to show you some more homework, shortly.  Thanks for stopping by! 

No comments:

Post a Comment