Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Day 19 - Monoprinting

Hello everyone!  Day 19's theme at Online Card Classes' Spring Card Camp 2 was monoprinting.  I love the idea.  I struggled a bit with the technique.  I didn't have a gel press or dioxide inks.  You don't need those things, but I think it would be a lot more effective if you had them. I ended up using pigment inks and my large acrylic stamp block.  It was neat and I may try it again.  Out of all my attempts (and there were more than three), I did manage to get three card fronts I thought I could work with.  


The card on top and on the left are from the same inking on the block.  I love the two for one you get with this technique.  The card on the bottom right was what was left on the block after stamping off the paisleys.  The stamped card didn't turn out how I wanted, but I thought I could work with the background.   Again, I pulled out stamps and dies that I haven't used or haven't used in a very long time.  I'm still working with scraps, too! 

Thanks for stopping by!  Stay home, stay safe, and stay creative! 

No comments:

Post a Comment