Thursday, May 21, 2020

Day 14 - Watercolor Inspired by Children

Hello everyone!  I am on Day 14 of Online Card Class's Spring Card Camp 2.  Yes, part 2.  I am way behind on posting on here and in class..lol.  I'll go back and post all that I have missed at a later time.  But for now, I wanted to share my homework for Day 14. 


Debby Hughes taught some techniques with watercolor that was inspired by children's art.  I used my Karin brush markers for the first time.  I think I like them, but I definitely need to swatch them.  The colors on the caps are nothing like the color you get from the marker. I free-handed some squares in a very random, not-so-perfect background.  For the little one, I used some super skinny washi tape to lay out my not-so-perfect triangular background.  I used my brushmarkers to color it, as well. 

These were fun.  I tried to channel my inner child and not be precise,  and keep it simple.  

Thanks for stopping by.  Stay safe, stay home, and stay creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment