Sunday, August 23, 2020

Snail Mail

 Hello everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.  I thought I would drop by to share a card I made using my new Snail Set stamp from Lavinia Stamps.  I would never have thought I would have bought a snail stamp, but for some reason I couldn't resist. 

I had found a background I had made previously and was not happy with it.  I almost tossed it, but then thought I would just see what I could do with it.   I also used my new Fairy Bells stamp along with the Mini Leaf 2 stamp to create my little scene.  I used Versafine Claire inks in Twilight, Nocturne, and Rain Forest.    I originally used Twilight to highlight the circle  in the middle, maybe a sun, but something was missing.  I then used the negative and white pigment ink. That was too stark, so I went over it with Squeezed Lemonade Distress Oxide Ink.  That was better.  You can't really tell in the photo. I used my Inktense pencils to add a little color to my snail.  I decorated the inside as well. 

 

All in all, it turned out a lot better than I thought it would.  I'm a sucker for a good note card. 

That's all for me today.  I have a few more things I'll try to get posted in the upcoming week, so stop back by.  I'll be entering this in the Lavinia World Challenge #33.   Thanks again for stopping by!  Until next time, stay safe and stay creative! 




5 comments:

  1. I love the Lavinia snails! They are all so cute! Your card is wonderful, I love the flowers that you paired with the snail, such a peaceful meadow scene! Thanks for sharing this lovely card with us at Lavinia World Challenge #33!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable, Stacy! I love your cute card!
    Thank you for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card and again your sentiment is perfect for the image! Thanks for joining us at Lavinia World challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super project, thank you for sharing it with us at Lavinia World https://laviniaworldchallenges.blogspot.com/

    Ania DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun, great colors. Thanks for sharing at Lavinia World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete