Saturday, August 29, 2020

Paoenia Japonica by Altenew

Hello everyone!  I'm dropping in to share a couple of cards I made with my new Paint-a-Flower stamp of the month from Altenew.  It has been a long time since I was in a monthly subscription, but I thought I would give this one a try.  I mean, they send me flowers every month.  How cool is that?  For August, it was the Paoenia Japonica.   I have made two cards so far.  I really love the size of this floral.  It would be a lot of ground to cover with pencils, but has enough space to get in the details with watercolor and marker.  The first one was colored with Copics.  


This is a standard A2 size top-fold card.  Part of the stamp is cut off, but not much.  Hope that gives you an idea of the size of the stamp.  I really like it. 

For the next card, I embossed with image with Liquid Platinum embossing powder from Ranger.  It is one of my all-time favorite gold-tone embossing powders.  I stamped it on the smooth side of the pre-cut Distress Watercolor Cardstock.  The watercolors are from the Decadent Pies set from Prima.  I love the colors in this set. I am not the best at watercolor, so I don't even come close to doing them justice, but they are very pretty. 


That's all for now.  The weather is yucky, which equals a crafting day in my book! I'll be entering one of these cards in some challenges, which I will list below.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, stay safe and stay creative!

Challenges: 

Lavinia World Challenges #34 - Anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything goes

Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Beautiful Bontanicals

4 comments:

  1. How pretty, i love how vibrant the first card is. Thanks for joining at Lavinia World Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card.. i love this! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lavinia World Challenge!
    Lavinia World DT - Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done. Love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Lavinia World Challenges. We hope to see you again next time. Have a wonderful day, and stay safe and healthy!
    ♥ Lena ~ DT


    ReplyDelete