Thursday, September 3, 2020

Freya's House

 Hello everyone!  I wanted to share a card I made with some of my new Lavinia Stamps.  This is Freya's House.  The minute I saw this quirky little fairy house, I knew I had to have it.  This card took a little time since there was some masking and pencil coloring involved, but I am happy with how it turned out.  

I stamped the house in Versafine Claire Nocturne and then masked it off.  I also masked off a border around the edges of the card.  When everything was covered I used Distress Oxide inks in Sqeezed Lemonade, Abandoned Coral, and Picked Raspberry to create the background.   While everything was still masked I used Versafine Claire in Rain Forest and some torn paper to create the ground beneath the house.  I also used the new Pebble stencil from Lavinia Stamps to create the little stone pattern in front of the house.  The other stamps used were Birds, Fairy Bells, and Twisted Vines to create the surroundings.   After everything was stamped I pulled off my masking and colored the house with Prismacolor pencils.   I colored a prototype of this little house to see which colors I wanted to use, so it may find a home on a card later as well.  

Finally, I used a SSS Postage Stamp Die to cut my card front. Then it was mounted on a standard A2-sized top-fold black card base.  

I will be entering this into a couple of challenges, which I will list below.  Thanks for stopping by!  Until next time, stay safe, and stay creative! 

 

Challenges: 

Lavinia World Challenges/ Anything Lavinia - Challenge #34

Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It


No comments:

Post a Comment